Fields that you should add to your databases for georeferencing (See Georeferencing Steps for field definitions):
- English Translation of the locality (if you intend to use BioGeomancer)
- Named Place
- MaxError Distance
- MaxError Units
- Locality Annotation
- No Georef Because
- Map/Gazetteer References
After you return your georeferenced files and we verify them, we will add these fields (see the Repatriation Site for more information on each field):
- Valid to Level: the lowest administrative level to which your coordinates match.
- Lacking: Includes any field, entry, etc. that are missing. If this field states "none" than your file is complete.
- VerificationStatus: the default is "Unverified".If collectors or curators at your institution verify the locality, this can be changed to reflect that.
- DecLat in WGS84: the latitude coordinates projected in WGS84.
- DecLong in WGS84: the longitude coordinates projected in WGS84.
- GeorefMethod: This will state MaNIS/HerpNET/ORNIS Georeferencing Guidelines if you followed all the rules and filled in the fields correctly.
| Data Portal
| HerpNET Participants
| Join HerpNET